Vacante de última hora de Servicio Voluntario Europeo en el Parque Nacional de Koli en Finlandia. Podéis ver la descripción del proyecto a continuación.
Now we have a new EVS volunteer placement at Koli National Park available, quite urgently due to a cancellation. EVS period would begin on the 1.4.2016 and last for 12 months.
Would you be interested and available to participate? Please inform us as soon as possible, because we would like to select among the available candidates by the end of January.
Please, let me know LATEST on Tuesday 19.1. whether you are still interested in the EVS place in Koli National park!
If you are interested to join, please send me a message with information on your situation:
- Availability: would you be able to begin around 1.4.2016 and volunteer for the total 12 months?
- Why would you be the best volunteer for Koli National Park and live “in the forest”, away from the cities? Please tell about your motivation!
Here below you have more information about the EVS placement:
1) Metsähallitus – Parks & Wildlife Finland / Koli National Park and Koli Nature Centre Ukko
• Places available: 1 (There will also be another, 27 year old female volunteer from Hungary.)
• Period: 1.4.2016-31.3.2017 (12 months)
• Short description of the hosting organization: We are looking for an EVS volunteer to Koli National Park and Koli Nature Centre Ukko. Koli National Park is one of Finland’s 39 national parks, located in Eastern Finland in the municipality of Lieksa. Koli's hills and lakes provide fine settings for enjoyable outings and activities at any time of year. The Nature Centre Ukko is the heart of the activities and the volunteer's tasks in the national park. The nature centre offers hiking and tourist information services, guided tours, national park rental hut bookings, conference services, and there is also a small café.
• Volunteer’s role and tasks: Tasks vary a lot from customer service tasks in the nature centre to conservation volunteering or construction work in the nature. We are looking for an outdoor-oriented volunteer, who is interested in the Finnish nature and motivated to work outside in different seasons. As a volunteer you might be able to conduct small development project for the nature centre, your day might start with a group if people wanting to get to know the nature centre or you might also get to help at the cafeteria every once in a while. If you have good photography skills or other interests in developing your medias, we are glad to welcome your expertise. All the volunteering tasks are planned with the volunteer as you start.
• Volunteer's requirements: Moderate English skills are required. The work involves often physical labour in field conditions and the volunteer should be able to adopt to a variety of tasks. Our protected areas are located often in remote places where there is not good public transportation, so we are looking for an outdoor-oriented volunteer.
• Accommodation: The volunteer will be offered modest accommodation in a house within walking distance from the nature Centre Ukko. The participant must be able to adapt in modest living conditions.
• Homepage of the voluntary workplace: www.outdoors.fi/en/kolinp
• EVS Accreditation info: https://europa.eu/youth/vp/organisation/952554745_en